Manifesting a worthy future.

      

What better photo to share for a episode about positive thinking.  It took a lot of positive thinking and action for me to sit in a driver's seat of a '67 Mustang again!



    It has been one long strange journey for me to get to a place where I can write about the power of positive thinking.  I still feel unqualified to write about this topic to a certain extent.  Anyone who has known me in my past will be shaking their heads.  My thinking can be very benthic, I can have a way of thinking that dredges up the most hideous outcome.  I am very aware of this and it bothers me.  It bothers me enough to write about it.

    Any way, this episode is meant to be thinking about a happy future, it is meant for me to purge my being of the bad vibes of my past.  I'm going to start off a story about how thinking good thoughts can end up with good results.

    It was a couple years ago and I had met up with a couple of my friends I knew from my hometown.  Somehow the conversation turned to if I missed my '67 Mustang that I drove from Southern California to Ohio.  The answer was of course I missed it, I loved that car!  Then things ended up with asking if I was looking for another '67 Mustang?  Actually I was not, I honestly thought that finding one was well over my head at that time.  This is 2020 something and not early 1990's Southern California where classic Mustangs lived on every corner and the prices written on the for sale signs were very affordable for a young man.  I banished that dream out of my head for the time being.

     Every once in a while I would day dream and wonder if I ever "became successful" then I could afford one, etc.  Little did I know that my thinking became a bit more positive over time, and we are talking glacial pace here.  I ended up getting a promotion at work and actually saved a few dollars over time.  Last Autumn I started to actually look for a '67 Mustang for sale for a decent price.  

    I looked at a few and found one that was identical to my old one on the outside, but world's apart with a 289 engine and a lot of other features that are sought after.  I was surprised when I qualified for a small loan.  Anyway...that Mustang now lives in my garage.  It is going to take a lot of work to get it on the road, but I look forward to the challenge.

    There were so many hurdles to overcome in getting that Mustang to have my name on the pink slip.  So many things that could have gone wrong...  So far things have worked out.  In the past I would not have seen that, I would have concentrated on the negative and not even tried in the first place.  I have to pray my bum off, but things are working out.  There are time when I think that little rewards like this are one of God's way of trusting His judgement and attempting (I am very far from perfect) to be faithful.  

    I am droning on about what is really just an old car to some people.  This is just my metaphor for me to get my point my across.  In the past I would have seen just the problem and not the solution and the positive outcome.  I'm really practicing seeing the outcome that is a worth seeing.  Right now...my Mustang has a couple spots of minor rust on the frame (overall the car is solid for being from this part of the US), nothing really major, but I notice it.  I am practicing reining in my fears over stupid stuff like this and realising that I might know people who can weld, and reproduction parts are not that spendy.  

    Enough about my old car...  For the longest time the future scared me to death.  I have no clue what the future will hold, but I honestly think that things will turn out just fine.  I've gotten this far...  Changing my thought process will take the rest of my life, I can deal with that.  

Comments

Popular Posts